Did you know that now Mixed Martial Arts (MMA) is a popular sport? This martial art combines various movements from other sports, such as boxing, muay Thai, or jujitsu. Because the movements involve all parts of the body, MMA is now increasingly popular because it can burn body fat in a faster and more enjoyable way. Interested in trying it? Let’s have these 5 MMA sports equipment first so that your training sessions are safe and productive!
1. Training outfit
MMA sports equipment This is also very important to make your training more fun and productive! Before practicing, make sure you have the right training outfit. Sports bras are often chosen because they make it easier for you to move agilely, whether it’s to launch a punch, dodge attacks, or even take high kicks. For guys, you can also wear sports clothes made of nylon and polyester to stay comfortable during your workout! The mma rash guard is the ideal form of sportswear. A rash guard is used to protect the wearer from rashes or mat burn (from rolling around in BJJ).
2. Boxing Gloves
These boxing gloves are sports equipment that you really must have before training. Choose boxing gloves with soft padding so you can avoid injury to your hands when jab or uppercut. Boxing gloves from Everlast can be your choice because they are made of genuine leather which is durable and suitable to accompany you in boxing training.
3. Hand wrap
Well, before you put on the boxing gloves, you have to prepare the hand wrap first. This hand wrap is used to cover your wrists and knuckles so you don’t get injured when punching. By using the right-hand wrap, you can carry out punch after blow even more steadily!
4. Elbow support, knee support, ankle support
Because MMA is a pretty tough martial art, it’s only natural that you have to prepare sports equipment to keep your body safe while practicing. You see, the slightest movement can make your body sprain. For this reason, you can use elbow support, knee support, or ankle support to reduce the risk of injury. In addition, you can also use it to help the healing process if you are injured!
Sports equipment that is no less important is pants. Since this martial arts exercise involves a lot of leg movement, you also have to wear the right sweatpants. Choose a material that is comfortable and elastic, so that your movements remain agile when practicing kick after kick. Don’t want your pants to tear when you’re trying to get high kicks?
Mixed martial arts or MMA and BJJ are indeed fun and challenging. Supported by the right MMA sports equipment, you can get various benefits from this one sport. In addition to making your body fitter, your body muscles are also trained to be stronger. By the way, you also learn how to defend yourself if anything happens on the road, right?
- Improve performance – The pressure causes the blood vessels in the area of the muscle wrapped in compression to open. Therefore blood and oxygen flow more to the area. These conditions accommodate the disposal of the waste products of muscle metabolism.
- Compression clothing such as the base layer “compresses” your muscles comfortably during exercise.
- As a result, blood circulation to the heart increases and reduces the buildup of lactic acid (lactic acid). Thanks to this increase in blood flow, your body can work harder and longer.
- Accelerate muscle recovery. By maximizing blood circulation, wearing compression clothing speeds up the elimination of metabolic waste products from muscles and brings back the substances that muscles need to recover after exercise.
- For those used for ground fights, Such as jiu jitsu, judo, wrestling, and MMA, rashguard also functions to reduce direct skin contact with the opponent’s skin, thereby reducing the risk of skin diseases.
- Materials that dry quickly. Make the body not too hot, thereby reducing the level of stress during exercise, so that your immune system does not weaken quickly, such as when wearing clothes that do not absorb heat and weight.
- Makes you sweat more. The use of compression clothing when exercising will make your body sweat more. As a result, it will be easier for you to lose water weight
- Reduce pain and inflammation.
- Prevent swelling during exercise
- Provide support and prevent injury
- Protects skin rashes from friction when exercising, sunlight, friction with ground fight mats, or gymnastics.
So, this is the right time to start trying the fun of MMA. It will definitely make you addicted! Before signing up for a training class, you can hunt for MMA and BJJ sports equipment at this article link.